Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chronic Grass is Greener Syndrome/I Can't Get No Satisfaction

When I looked at today's 30 for 30 topic--name a time you have been satisfied--I was instantly concerned. See, I have what is called "Chronic Grass Is Greener Syndrome." If I was wearing a cute red dress and saw someone in a cute blue one, I would think I should have bought my dress in blue. If I am shivering in winter, I instantly envy everyone who lives in California. If I get a job I kinda like, I instantly want someone else's. It's a vicious cycle, and one I wish I could break. So I can't tell you a time I'm satisfied; as soon as I get something I want, I'm already looking at what's next. Some people might call this ambition, but I know better.

I've been HAPPY for sure, but I have never been 100% satisfied with anything in life. Except for maybe this pair of Kenneth Cole boots I bought at Christmas. Those babies are pretty darn perfect. You can dress 'em up, dress 'em down. I'm wearing them as I type this:)

Oh yeah, and I'm going to run 3 miles today.

1 comment:

  1. I have this disorder. I always wished away my current circumstances for future ones. I've been working on this.

    WAY cute boots!

    ReplyDelete