Monday, March 14, 2011

30 for 30 (Hopefully)


I have been a bad blogger. I feel really guilty about this (not because I have tons of followers—umm maybe I have 5?) but because I write for a living. I wordsmith all.day.long. Plus I did spent 5 years of my life studying writing and I spent 5 years of my life writing on deadlines for newspapers yet I cannot manage to write blog entries very often. Embarrassing. So I’m stealing this challenge from Kim in hopes that I will get my rear in gear and actually write on a regular basis.


So here we go. Day 1.
Current Relationship: Engaged/Deadbeat-Bride-to-Be

Don’t get me wrong—I love Andrew, and I am thrilled to be getting ready to spent the rest of my life with him (Aug. 20 is when the magic happens)-- BUT wedding planning is lame. Or maybe I’m lame. I just am not into the whole bridal shower/bachelorette party thing. Maybe because I’m 29 and I’m 90% sure if I were 25 I’d be eating those things up. Then there’s all the little details to work out. Seriously, every time I think I have made some big accomplishment in planning, there is something else I needed to have done, like, yesterday.
Even my fantasy of registering where I twirled around a store with a registry gun picking everything I had ever wanted and now don’t have to pay for fell kinda flat. It was fun at first, but then it just became exhausting. The intricacies of flatware patterns seemed endless.

So now that I’ve been a total Debbie Downer, I will say some of the planning has been awesome. Trying on dresses was the most fun thing ever! I love quite literally every dress I tried on. I could have bought any of them and been happy.

Venue-hunting was also fun, and now we have booked a DJ and are trying to pin down a first dance song. I’ve narrowed it down to “You’re the Inspiration” by Chicago (70s classic) or “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Andrew surprisingly leans toward “Lucky,” but the power ballad-ness of Chicago just calls to me. 

Just writing this has calmed me down.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out your blog last night wondering if I missed a post, BUT no pressure from me! ha! Maybe, just maybe, since you write all day long and all...the last thing you want to do is write some more? Just a thought! Anyway...glad you are doing the challenge! =)

    Love both those songs by the way! Can't wait to read which you choose!

    I hope to someday plan my own wedding...ha!

    ReplyDelete