Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Running Goals at a Glance

With the new year, everyone's resolutions are kicking into high gear. I am channeling my own resolution energy to  make a plan for my running this year. I think my first half marathon will be in May and it will be the New Jersey one in Long Branch.

Since I have one race under my belt, I'm actually going to set a time goal for this one (TBD). I'm debating shelling out $14.95 for one of Hal Higdon's plans. Has anyone done this and found it worth it? I know it's a minimal investment, but I'm more interested in if you felt getting the daily emails and detailed workout plans helped you more than the free version you can grab online.

Happy 2012 running!

1 comment:

  1. I used Hal Higdon's beginning training plan for my first half and thought it was fine. I've never paid for his plans/training so I couldn't tell you if it's worth it. But... if you have a Nike+, there is a nice little online community to interact with (believe it or not, knowing my miles would go towards a certain competition/goal was good motivation!)

    I also had lots of luck with the book Run Less, Run Faster.

    ReplyDelete