Saturday, November 17, 2012

Still Kicking

I had thought my brief stint at blogging was over. With moving to a new city, traveling for a billion weddings all summer and learning a new job, the blog too a backseat to pretty much everything in my life--including house cleaning. So when I found myself with a Saturday with NO PLANS (woot!), I thought I might as well post.

Sadly, I haven't done a race since May. I began training for a half, but ended up derailed because of life (read: 6 weddings this summer and all of their related events that were all out of town). So a half remains my next race--hopefully the Shamrock Half in Va. Beach or the Rock N Roll in DC, which are both in March.

I am also considering getting a running coach. Now I know I will never be setting the world on fire with my running, but I'd like to be the best runner I can be within my ability level. That best might be someone else's worst,  but I'm OK with that. After reading a few other bloggers, they all have seen a miraculous improvement with a coach. I saw an improvement this year just by joining a running club, so I hope this takes me to another level.

Anyone have any experience with coaches--the good, bad, ugly?

1 comment:

  1. want to discuss an affiliation proposal, contact me on depackramavat@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete