Thursday, March 1, 2012

First D.C. Run

After many days of packing, moving and slowly unpacking boxes, I set out for a run in my new city. It was 68 degrees, sunny and I wasn't at work, so basically a perfect day. I only did 2 miles because I had many boxes to get back to unpacking, but it was wonderful! I did a city run and not through Rock Creek Park as I originally planned so I could try to get my bearings for navigating the area.

I also wanted to see where I would be meeting the running group I joined on Saturday morning to train for a 10k on May 20. Should be doing a half, but this group training was starting my first Saturday in D.C. so I just went for it. This is my first time training for a run with a group and I'm excited to meet new runners and to hopefully improve my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment